Ronaldo planned interview with Morgan – Pirlo said of ex-Man Utd forward
Former Juventus manager, Andrea Pirlo, believes former Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo planned his recent interview with British broadcaster Piers Morgan.
Recall that Ronaldo recently sat down with Morgan to criticize Man United in every way, making it practically certain he would have to leave Old Trafford.
Ronaldo’s contract with Man United was terminated by mutual consent a few days ago after the interview, before Portugal’s World Cup 3-2 win over Ghana on Thursday.
However, Pirlo who worked with Ronaldo during their time at Juventus said the five-time Ballon d’Or winner would prepare everything beforehand, adding that he had been waiting for a long time for the interview with Morgan.
“I think Ronaldo had been waiting for a long time to give that interview. He would prepare everything beforehand,” Pirlo told Diretta.it
“Ronaldo has always had pressure on him and always will, that is not an issue for him. I don’t think it put pressure on the Portugal squad either because even if he had not given that interview, the media still would have asked him questions about Manchester United during the World Cup.
“I think this is why he decided to get it out of the way, like pulling out a tooth that is wobbly, and now he will be even more fired up than before,” he said.